Vitacress Real is one of the leading herbal specialists in Europe. With our young and fast-growing company, our mission is to let people enjoy food with natural and healthy seasonings.
Herbs are grown all year round, to ensure that we can offer consistent quality throughout the year. We like to grow in places where the product grows in the most natural and sustainable way. That is why we grow in the Netherlands, Germany, England, Spain, Portugal, and Kenya, among others.
At our location in Venlo, these freshly grown herbs are then packaged for the European market and international consumers.
When you enter our building in Venlo you can taste the freshness and energy of Vitacress Real. You become infected with the passion for the product. Central to this are four values that can be felt by all colleagues. We Grow, We Care, We Inspire, and We Smile.
When someone in the bar asks you what your job is, you say:
“I am responsible that our 3rd party (MRL) and shelf-life testing process runs as optimally as possible for timely product release. In addition, I think along in improvements. Based on my analyses, data-driven actions can be taken.
But of course, you do a lot more…
- Leading our Quality Controller. You support your team member in the daily tasks.Planning the MRL (Maximum Residue Level) tests and analysing the results. Furthermore, you also make sure that all administration is taking care off.
- Daily preparing shelf-life test of the incoming products. You also mark the shelf-life test and conduct special shelf-life testing if the project requires it.
- Proactively informing the organization about any issue with product. You analyse and compare shelf-life test from production and own samples and draw conclusions.
- Keeping the shelf-life test room tidy #Wecare.
- You are responsible for the periodic equipment calibrations and checking the material weight.
- Performing in-depth analysis on shelf-life data so that well-founded internal lead times can be used and decisions can be made
- Supporting in Product and Packaging development projects.
To give you an even better picture … Just another day at the office
Together with our Quality Controller, you start the day by going through the planning and daily tasks, while enjoying a cup of fresh mint tea. The analysis of the day before showed that there were some issues with the shelf-life test results of products from one specific supplier. Next step is to plan a meeting with Patrick, our Sourcing & Purchase Coordinator. In this meeting you discuss the issues and causes. Together you find a solution to improve this. A nice step forward 😉. After this you start planning the MRL tests.
During your break you can enjoy a delicious cup of soup. After lunch you have a meeting with Boyd, our QESH Advisor. Together with Boyd you look at possible future improvements regarding packed Mint shelf-life testing.The both of you have some really good ideas and you can’t wait to start with actions that need to be taken.
Next task on the list 😉. The MRL results are in and after analysing these you see that all results are good. You share this news with every stakeholder. You make sure that everything is registered.
At the end of the day, you have a meeting scheduled with your manager (QESH Manager), to discuss the progress. You have prepared the meeting well and you have listed everything that is currently running and what future actions are. You receive some nice compliments! After the meeting you walk out proud and full of energy #WeSmile.
Before you go home, you quickly dive into the Vitagym to do a short work out.
To be successful as our new herbal topper you have the following ingredients:
- For this role we are looking for someone who is recently graduated from the HAS University of Applied Sciences and is looking for a challenging and dynamic role in which you can grow. But also, someone with a completed MBO education and 2-4 years of experience as a Quality Controller or another similar role would be very suitable for this position.
- Showing entrepreneurship is one of your strongest qualities. You strive for the maximum achievable. This gives you energy!
- We are looking for a decisive person with a critical eye and a positive attitude. You have a strong quality orientation, and your standards are high.
- Strong drive, empathic, enthusiasm, and problem-solving ability!
- You are structured, accurate and organizationally strong.
- You enjoy working closely with different departments (for example Production, Logistics, Supply Chain, Sourcing, Sales). You are a real teamplayer.
- You speak English (Level B1). Speaking Dutch and/ or Polish is a nice to have.
- Working in a cold store environment is no problem for you.
But you do not do this alone… our QESH dream team
Together with all colleagues of the QESH team, in total 13 employees, you all ensure that the QESH operation runs smoothly! You report to our QESH Manager.
What makes working at Vitacress fun?
We Grow. An enormous drive, an enormous growth. Since the start of Vitacress Real about 9 years ago, we have been experiencing enormous growth every year. We will continue to achieve this ambition in the coming years. And we do this together. Our team consists of people who want to get the most out of themselves and their teammates.
We Inspire. We value initiative and input and believe that this makes our organization better. There is also plenty of room for this. After all, together we achieve more. Vitacress Real is active in a niche market. There is a lot that can be optimized, and your input is important. You are a continuous success part of the process.
We Care. We believe growth and development are essential. Furthermore, we want to take good care of people. So, you can also enjoy a delicious fresh soup with the best quality herbs every day, together with your colleagues! People work hard, but social talk is also stimulated by working up a sweat before or after work in the equipped fitness room. Or do you prefer winning the table tennis battles?
We Smile. A great working atmosphere where hard work and having fun go hand-in-hand. Our annually recurring Social Calendar is filled with fun team events.
Are you joining our dream team? This is what we offer:
- A super dynamic working environment with talented colleagues who want to take each other to a higher level. You will be included in a knowledge organization that is growing and that focuses on experience and quality.
- Mint, thyme, rosemary (or any other herb), as much as you want!
- Free access to the Vita-Gym, so you stay fit in body and mind.
- Freedom and flexibility, you are the director of your agenda.
- A travel allowance from your front door to ours.
- A compensation for your old age.
- Our Vitality Fund! An annual budget to work on your vitality.
- Unlimited access to our online VR Academy!
- A great opportunity to share knowledge in an environment with room for own initiative and personal development.
We look forward to your CV! If you still have doubts or do you have questions about what makes this position so great? Then call us. For more information about our organization, we refer you to our website, which is worth a look.