Vitacress Real is one of the leading herbal specialists in Europe. With our young and fast growing company, our mission is to let people enjoy food with natural and healthy seasonings.
Herbs are grown all year round, in order to ensure that we can offer consistent quality throughout the year. We like to grow in places where the product grows in the most natural and sustainable way. That is why we grow in the Netherlands, Germany, England, Spain, Portugal and Kenya, among others.
At our location in Venlo, these freshly grown herbs are then packaged for the European market and international consumers.
When you enter our building in Venlo you can taste the freshness and energy of Vitacress Real. You become infected with the passion for the product. Central to this are four values that can be felt by all colleagues. We Grow, We Care, We Inspire and We Smile.
When someone in the bar asks you what your job is, you say:
“I am a real flavor freak and do everything I can every day to make and keep our customers happy”.
But of course, you do a lot more…
Together with your sales colleagues, you work intensively to effectively and efficiently represent our (international) customers and their interests. You supervise the accounts entrusted to you and are proactive in managing them on operational level. In this position you work intensively with your Sales colleagues and also with multiple departments, such as Supply Chain, Production, Logistics and Sourcing. Furthermore you are:
- The first point of contact for customers for all operational questions.
- Actively maintaining and developing relationships with your (international) customer base.
- The administrative and organizational support for our International Key Account Managers Retail and our Sales Manager Foodservice.
- Identifying potential (sales) opportunities in the market.
- Providing support regarding customer wishes/ needs.
- Keeping a close eye on market developments by regularly doing store checks. This also allows you to regularly check the quality of our product on the shelves. Only the best quality is good enough for us and our customers.
- Making an important contribution to customer related improvement projects.
To give you an even better picture … Just another day at the office
You start your day with a really nice cup of coffee. You meet Karol, our Logistics Team Leader, at the coffee machine and after a chat about the past weekend you quickly catch up on last Friday's lost shipment. Together you briefly discuss whether there is anything we can do next time to prevent this. The daily Sunrise starts at 9:00 AM and that gives you the opportunity to contribute the points for improvement that you and Karol discussed. Furthermore you make sure that the most important daily customer developments are shared in this meeting. After the Sunrise you start arranging the sample request for one of our retail customers. This must be at our customer the day after tomorrow so important to pick it up quickly. Then the weekly meeting with the sales & marketing team start. Nina and Bas, Our International Key Account Managers Retail, and Tom, our Sales Manager Foodservice, brief you on the most important support tasks for this week. There is a promotion planned for one of our customers this week, so it is important that optimal service is provided. Together with our International Key Account Manager you will do another tour within production to see whether everything is properly prepared. Great to see that we are ready for it! It’s time to grab a nice cup of fresh mint tea and start with some administrative tasks that need to be done. At 12:00 it’s time for lunch. Together with two of your Marketing colleagues Gina and Alana you go for a walk and enjoy a fresh cup of soup in our Greenhouse Cafe.
After lunch you have some store checks planned. Nina asked you to check the quality of our product in several German supermarkets. We’ve started last week with supplying coriander to one of our newest retail customer so a very exciting moment and it is important for us to ensure that the quality in the stores is high. The product looks good on the shelves, so you immediately call Nina with the good news #Wesmile. Back at the office you have a meeting planned with Roel, our Tactical Planner. We see that we have high obsolete stock of chives. You know that one of our food service customers could use extra chives. Immediately you contact this customer and it seems indeed that we can make this customer happy with this offer. You set everything in motion to ensure that the product reaches this customer quickly. Win-Win for us and our customer! After this you get a phone call where they ask you to attend a product (quality) escalation meeting to represent the sales department. It turns out that there are issues with the quality of the dill. Together with the other decision makers from the production, sourcing and quality departments, you will look for the best possible solution for this challenge. Luckily during the meeting you will reach a decision together. Afterwards you call Nina to discuss this escalation with her so that she is informed.
Time has come to go home. With satisfaction you look back on this energetic and fun day! No day is the same and that is proven again after today. But this makes you super happy #Wesmile!
To be successful as our new herbal topper you have the following ingredients:
- Preferably demonstrable experience in a similar role and preferably within a production environment.
- You enter the world of fresh herbs. That means there are always great challenges to take on. Every day is different. This gives you energy!
- Someone who is resistant to stress. It is important that you maintain a good overview, even during hectic days. You are solution-oriented and curious about new possibilities.
- You can work well both individually and in a team. Your motto is “together you achieve more”.
- You like to be in contact with various parties. You have a service-oriented attitude and like to think along. Working together on the best possible solution.
- Your communication skills are very strong. You are a real problem solver.
- You are also flexible, collegial and accurate.
- And last but not least… You speak fluently German, English and Dutch. You will be responsible for German, English and Dutch speaking customers so therefore these skills are a must.
But you do not do this alone… our Sales and Marketing dream team
The total Sales and Marketing team consists of 7 colleagues: our Marketing Manager, Marketing Communication Specialist, two International Key Account Managers, Sales Manager Foodservice, Category Development Manager and our Project Coordinator Product & Sustainability. There is a winning mentality within the team and nothing is impossible. Every day you get the most out of the natural seasoning category, the most out of your colleagues and the most out of yourself.
What makes working at Vitacress fun?
We Grow. An enormous drive, an enormous growth. Since the start of Vitacress Real about 10 years ago, we have been experiencing enormous growth every year. We will continue to achieve this ambition in the coming years. And we do this together. Our team consists of people who want to get the most out of themselves and their teammates.
We Inspire. We value initiative and input and believe that this makes our organization better. There is also plenty of room for this. After all, together we achieve more. Vitacress Real is active in a niche market. There is a lot that can be optimized, and your input is important. You are a continuous success part of the process.
We Care. We believe growth and development are essential. Furthermore, we want to take good care of people. So, you can also enjoy a delicious fresh soup with the best quality herbs every day, together with your colleagues! People work hard, but social talk is also stimulated by working up a sweat before or after work in the equipped fitness room. Or do you prefer winning the table tennis battles?
We Smile. A great working atmosphere where hard work and having fun go hand-in-hand. Our annually recurring Social Calendar is filled with fun team events.
Are you joining are dream team? This is what we offer:
- A super dynamic working environment with talented colleagues who want to take each other to a higher level. You will be included in a knowledge organization that is growing and that focuses on experience and quality.
- Mint, thyme, rosemary (or any other herb), as much as you want!
- Free access to the Vita-Gym, so you stay fit in body and mind.
- Flexibility, you are the director of your agenda.
- Possibility to work from home.
- Our Vitality Fund! An annual budget to work on your vitality.
- Unlimited access to our online VR Academy!
- The option to lease a bicycle.
- A great opportunity to share knowledge in an environment with room for own initiative and personal development.
We look forward to your CV! If you still have doubts or do you have questions about what makes this position so great? Then call us (Marlijn de Bruin, 06 11848647). For more information about our organization, we refer you to our website, which is worth a look.