Vitacress Real is one of the leading herbal specialists in Europe. With our young and fast growing company, our mission is to let people enjoy food with natural and healthy seasonings.
Herbs are grown all year round, in order to ensure that we can offer consistent quality throughout the year. We like to grow in places where the product grows in the most natural and sustainable way. That is why we grow in the Netherlands, Germany, England, Spain, Portugal and Kenya, among others.
At our location in Venlo, these freshly grown herbs are then packaged for the European market and international consumers.
When you enter our building in Venlo you can taste the freshness and energy of Vitacress Real. You become infected with the passion for the product. Central to this are four values that can be felt by all colleagues. We Grow, We Care, We Inspire and We Smile.
When someone in the bar asks you what your job is, you say:
“Every day I am busy coaching the logistics workers to get the most out of the team. Making sure that the daily logistics operation runs smoothly gives me a kick. But I also help build the future. Improving our logistic operation and ensuring that we take a step forward every day.”
But of course, you do a lot more…
- You are responsible for the following KPI's: shipments (in/out), box machine production, complaints, and stock accuracy.
- Leading the team of Logistics Workers.
- Developing the team and ensuring that we get the most out of the team. Both in the short and long term.
- Monitoring the daily planning.
- You participate in several important structural meetings. For example, our daily Whiteboard Meeting and Sunrise.
- Being an ambassador in various key areas: safety, drivers, accuracy, and work Instructions.
- Administrative tasks and reporting.
- On a daily base you are in close contact with several departments.
- Continuous improvement (for example 5S). You are continuously working on optimizing, structuring, and organizing our processes.
To give you an even better picture … Just another day at the office
Together with the logistics team, you start the shift by going through the planning and daily tasks, while enjoying a cup of fresh mint tea. The analysis of the day before showed that there were some issues with incoming product. You make an analysis of the cause and plan the necessary actions. You find a solution to improve this and communicate this to the logistics workers so that things run smoothly from now on. You report this to Niek, our Logistics Coordinator.
Then you do a round on the floor. In the meantime, you monitor the performance of the Box Machines.
During your break you can enjoy a delicious cup of soup and challenge 2 colleagues during a table tennis match. After lunch you contact Cyril (IT). You have noticed that a possible new function within our ERP can provide an efficiency boost in the logistics process. You have already discussed this idea with Niek and would like to share this with our application specialist. Cyril sees opportunities, so you pick up this project together.
Around 19:00, a large delivery of fresh herbs arrives. Together with your team, you roll up your sleeves and ensure that everything runs smoothly.
At the end of the shift, you make sure that all administrative tasks are done, and you check whether there have been any problems that are important to know for other departments. You make a short note, so that you can discuss some action points the next day during the "Sunrise meeting".
To be successful as our new herbal topper you have the following ingredients:
- Showing entrepreneurship is one of your strongest qualities. You strive for the maximum achievable. This gives you energy!
- We are looking for a decisive logistics leader with a critical eye.
- Strong drive, enthusiasm, and problem-solving ability!
- You have some experience in leading a logistics team and preferably within dynamic environment (logistics service provider or food production).
- You are structured, accurate and organizationally strong.
- Focus on quality, results and continuous improvement is self-evident to you.
- You enjoy working closely with different departments (for example Production, Quality Control, Supply Chain, Sales, and IT). You are a real teamplayer and able to bring people and different departments together.
- You speak the English (Level B1) language and preferably Dutch as well. Speaking the Polish language is a nice to have.
- Working in shifts is no issue for you 😊. Within Logistics we work in three shifts (6:00 – 14:00 / 14:00 – 22:00 / 22:00 – 6:00).
But you do not do this alone… our Production dream team
Together with your colleague Teamleaders Logistics, you ensure that the logistics operation runs smoothly 24 hours a day! The desired KPIs are achieved, and the Logistics workers are motivated and driven to deliver top performance every day.
What makes working at Vitacress fun?
We Grow. An enormous drive, an enormous growth. Since the start of Vitacress Real about 7 years ago, we have been experiencing enormous growth every year. We will continue to achieve this ambition in the coming years. And we do this together. Our team consists of people who want to get the most out of themselves and their teammates.
We Inspire. We value initiative and input and believe that this makes our organization better. There is also plenty of room for this. After all, together we achieve more. Vitacress Real is active in a niche market. There is a lot that can be optimized, and your input is important. You are a continuous success part of the process.
We Care. Education or course? Of course! We believe growth and development are essential. You can also enjoy a delicious fresh soup with the best quality herbs every day, together with your colleagues! People work hard, but social talk is also stimulated by working up a sweat before or after work in the equipped fitness room. Or do you prefer winning the table tennis battles?
We Smile. A great working atmosphere where hard work and having fun go hand-in-hand. Our annually recurring Social Calendar is filled with fun team events.
Are you joining our dream team? This is what we offer:
- A super dynamic working environment with talented colleagues who want to bring each other to a higher level. You will be included in a knowledge organization that is growing and that focuses on experience and quality.
- Room for entrepreneurship!
- Mint, thyme, rosemary (or any other herb), as much as you want!
- Daily free fresh fruit and soup in our own "Greenhouse Café".
- Free access to the Vita-Gym, so that you stay fit in body and mind.
- A great opportunity to share knowledge in an environment with room for initiative and personal development
We look forward to your CV! If you still have doubts or do you have questions about what makes this position so great? Then call us (Marlijn de Bruin, 06 11848647). For more information about our organization, we refer you to our website, which is definitely worth a look.